USB 2.0 To LAN RJ45 Female Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Weight: 20g
- What’s in the Box: Adapter, Set-up CD,
- Warranty: None
USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting 10/100/1000 Ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds (480Mbs)
Plug into any USB 2.0 laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet Network. USB 2.0 supports theoretical speeds up to 480Mbs. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbs Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbs Gigabit ethernet via USB. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds.
Add an additional network interface to any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer via a simple USB adapter. Improve the connectivity speed of your current 100 Mbs Fast Ethernet computer when a Gigabit Ethernet network is available (see details below on Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 speeds). Improved connectivity speed vs. computers currently connected over WiFi/802.11 wireless networks
- USB 2.0 male A to RJ45 female adapter supporting gigabit Ethernet at USB 2.0 speeds
- Drivers for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.5-10.12
- Note to macOS Sierra 10.12 users: Please download and install the latest device driver v2.2.0 of AX88178 chip set from the driver page.
- Linux: built into kernel 3.2 and above.
- Supports 10/100/1000 with auto-sensing (IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab)
- Supports auto MDIX (straight and cross cable auto-detection)
- ASIX AX88178 Controller – Jumbo packets up to 9KB (Windows only), along with suspend mode and remote wake on LAN.