HP ELITEBOOK 850 G5 LAPTOP
- 1.9 GHz Intel Core i5-8550U Quad-Core
- 8GB DDR4 RAM | 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- 15.6″ 1920 x 1080 IPS Anti-Glare Display
- Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630
- microSDXC Card Reader
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & A | HDMI | Serial
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) | Bluetooth 5.0
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 720p Webcam, Dual Mics, Stereo Speakers
- Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)
HP 850 G5 Overview
Designed with modern professionals in mind, the 15.6″ EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook from HP is secure, manageable, and offers powerful collaboration tools, allowing users to be productive whether they are at the office or on-the-go. This system is powered by a 1.9 GHz Intel Core i5-8650U Quad-Core processor which allows you to run multiple applications simultaneously. If you need more power, the system can be overclocked to 4.2 GHz using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, which comes in a 1x 8GB configuration, helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs. If you need more RAM, this system accepts up to 32GB, using one 16GB module in each of the 260-pin SO-DIMM slots.
The 15.6″ UWVA Anti-Glare IPS display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution that is equipped with LED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, 400 cd/m2 brightness, a 600:1 typical contrast ratio, a refresh rate of 60 Hz, and viewing angles of 85/85/85/85°. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you’ll be able to output video to an external display at resolutions up to 4K @ 24 Hz using the HDMI 1.4b output.
For long-term storage of your files, a 256GB Opal 2 SED NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD offers quick access to your data. If you want to add external storage drives or other peripherals, the EliteBook 850 G5 features one 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 port and two 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, one of which doubles as a charging port, and a docking connector. Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac Wi-Fi are also built-in for wired and wireless networking and Bluetooth 4.2 technology will allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals. Other integrated features include a 720p IR webcam, multi-array microphones, and stereo speakers with Bang & Olufsen HD audio.
The EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook includes a 65W Smart AC adapter and an HP 3-cell / 56Wh lithium-ion polymer long-life battery that supports fast charging of up to 50% in 30 minutes and lasts for up to 14.25 hours before recharging is required. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and also included is recovery media.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector. Doubling the speed of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB 3.1 at up to 10 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort 1.2 allows you to connect up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A Ports
- The system features two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports that will allow you to connect peripherals such as hard drives, printers, and memory card readers. At 5 Gb/s, USB 3.1 Gen 1 transfers data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, which operates at 480 Mb/s. USB 3.1 Gen 1’s high-speed transfer rate helps to significantly reduce data transfer times, meaning you spend less time waiting and more time focusing on the task at hand. One of the USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports also doubles as a fast charging port. USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.0 are synonymous.
- Display Support
- Using the HP Ultraslim Dock, two independent displays are supported at resolutions of up to 2.5K @ 60 Hz. The HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 supports two independent displays at resolutions of up to 4K @ 60 Hz using DisplayPort and Thunderbolt outputs.
- Gigabit Ethernet & Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- The system uses a Gigabit Ethernet controller for internet access when connected to a router, modem, or network switch. It also features dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) so that users may access network connectivity using wireless technology.
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Additional compatible peripherals, such as mice, keyboards, headsets, and more may be paired using Bluetooth 4.2 technology.
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- NFC is a set of communication protocols that enable two electronic devices, one of which is usually a portable device, such as a smartphone, to establish communication by bringing them within 1.6″ of each other. NFC devices are used in contactless payment systems, similar to those used in credit cards and electronic ticket smartcards, and allow mobile payment to replace/supplement these systems. NFC is used for social networking, for sharing contacts, photos, videos, or files. NFC-enabled devices can act as electronic identity documents and keycards. NFC offers a low-speed connection with simple setup that can be used to bootstrap more capable wireless connections.